i have been passed the sugar doll award by the lovely and ever fabulously fashionable Cat from anthrosdottir.
(please check out her blog if you haven't already)
so ladies, this means that i get to share with you 10 things about myself that you all don't know. this will be tough, but i'm going to try and keep you all throughly entertained. :)
1. after high school i was all set to attend the art institute of philidelphia to major in fashion design (a dream i had since i was 10 years old). however, my life took me in a different direction and i ended up going to bible college in dubuque, iowa for a couple of years and then went on to do a 2 year long goldsmithing and silversmithing apprenticeship under an incredibly talented master who also became one of my best friends in the process. and even though my original life plan never came to be, i ended up finding just what i needed - joy and peace in my spiritual life, and also the gift of a talent that i was unaware that even existed. pretty awesome stuff!
2. i used to love playing soccer with my sister and brother when we were kids. it was always them against me. i always won - which probably why i miss it. hahaha!
3. i played softball for 13 years of my life. i'm left handed, so naturally first base was my position. i loved everything about that sport! and i'm not really a competitive person normally, but when i was out on the field, you better bet you'd catch me constantly talking smack to the other teams! hahaha!
4. when i was young i used to be able to climb up doorways like a crazy spider and then i'd prop my feet against one side of the door and my back against the other and sit there for extended periods of time. i think i might be too big for that now?
5. i hate scary movies. like really hate them. it had been maybe 7 years since i'd seen one up until about 2 months ago when i thought it was a good idea to watch 'paranormal activity'. holy crap... i couldn't sleep for two days straight! bad bad bad idea!
6. i love making up my own ridiculous lyrics to songs. but the worst is when i'm singing a song seriously (with lots of added emotion for good measure) and then it comes to me... i've been singing the wrong freaking lyrics for the past 10 years. *faceplam*
7. i'm pretty sure the grossest word ever invented is "panties", and if you say it out loud you'll know what i mean. i much prefer "underwear".
8. i love dressing my children and buying them clothes. it's hard for me to allow anyone else to take part in that with me because i'm so extremely picky about what they wear - even more so than i am about my own wardrobe!
9. the only thing i miss about pregnancy is that i can't justify eating fruity pebbles 3 times a day anymore.
10. my teeny bopper crushes included Leonardo DiCaprio, Taylor Hanson (don't make fun - he's hot) & Nick Carter. i totally used to collect Teen Beat mags and tear through them to find pictures that i could put in my 2" binder with protective plastic pages. i would flip through and daydream about marrying them on an almost daily basis.
wow. i feel so exposed.
hope you all have a great night!